New U.S. Taxpayers

The part of the United States government that deals with taxes is called the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). You report your tax to the IRS along with an IRS form. Doing this is called “filing a tax return.” Are you or your spouse working and receiving a paycheck? Did your employer withhold income taxes from your paycheck? You may get a tax refund.

Informational brochure for New U.S. Taxpayers.

Last updated on .

Table of Contents