Rhode Island Legal Services provides high quality legal assistance and representation to low-income individuals and eligible client groups for the purpose of improving their economic condition and overall wellbeing by protecting and enforcing legal rights, stabilizing the family unit and communities where clients live, promoting self reliance, ending domestic violence, preventing homelessness, affording dignity to all people, and reaching out to groups with added burdens on their ability to access the civil justice system.
Find information on specific legal topics and Rhode Island laws.
Find providers who may be able to help you with a specific legal problem. These groups provide free or low-cost legal services in Rhode Island.
Learn about Rhode Island courts and the free legal information they provide.
Learn about the Volunteer Lawyer program and how lawyers interested in pro bono work can participate.
- Consumer Automobile, Bankruptcy, Consumer Law, Identity Theft, Phone and Utilities, ...
- Disability Rights
- Education General, Special Education, Student Loans
- Elder Law Abuse/Domestic Violence, Discrimination, Health Benefits, Other Resources, Social Security Benefits
- Employment Criminal Records, Discrimination, If You Lose Your Job, Work Support
- Family Law Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Divorce, Domestic Violence, ...
- Health Care Other Resources, AIDS/HIV, Home and Long Term Care, Medicaid, Medicare, ...
- Housing Court Forms, Evictions, Home Purchase, Improvement and Foreclosure, Landlord/Tenant, Mobile Home Parks
- Legal Research Courts and Case Law, Statues and Regulations
- Public Benefits Food Stamps, Social Security, Taxation, Temporary Disability Insurance, Unemployment Compensation, ...
We are thankful for you! Text "Justice" to 52000 to donate $10 today! Or donate online: https://t.co/EzTB2ptZci https://t.co/hsj5YumkjO1 day ago
We hope you can celebrate with us on June 27th! If not, have no fear - you can still donate to support our mission!… https://t.co/0FzsEqpcdd6 months ago
You're invited to our 50th Anniversary!! Join us at the @RhodesoPawtuxet for an exciting night of dining, drinks, a… https://t.co/AP94sWRsNG6 months ago
Congratulations to our Deputy Director, Janet Gilligan! She has won the Joseph T. Houlihan Lifetime Mentor Award fr… https://t.co/NWnvelWa0F7 months ago
New Start Expungement Project https://t.co/RPjHIACDUF7 months ago
We're happy to make a difference in the lives of our clients! Donate today to help us continue our work:… https://t.co/ecqHtTxGQC8 months ago
In honor of RILS' 50th Anniversary TODAY, please donate $50 for our 50 years of service! Your donations directly he… https://t.co/5egPjAF2a49 months ago
RILS is turning 50 this Thursday. Help us celebrate! https://t.co/4NNQX6FObU #nonprofit #50th #anniversary… https://t.co/vhFVia1xDr9 months ago
To get involved, visit us at: https://t.co/hG5DzpcuuS #nonprofit #community #legalservices #thankful https://t.co/eBj6oiVQuB9 months ago
SAVE THE DATE! Join our mailing list for your invite! Send your contact info to: firstname.lastname@example.org https://t.co/riGIELLl4v9 months ago
In Partnership with