Rhode Island Legal Services provides high quality legal assistance and representation to low-income individuals and eligible client groups for the purpose of improving their economic condition and overall wellbeing by protecting and enforcing legal rights, stabilizing the family unit and communities where clients live, promoting self reliance, ending domestic violence, preventing homelessness, affording dignity to all people, and reaching out to groups with added burdens on their ability to access the civil justice system.
Find information on specific legal topics and Rhode Island laws.
Find providers who may be able to help you with a specific legal problem. These groups provide free or low-cost legal services in Rhode Island.
Learn about Rhode Island courts and the free legal information they provide.
Learn about the Volunteer Lawyer program and how lawyers interested in pro bono work can participate.
- Consumer Automobile, Bankruptcy, Consumer Law, Identity Theft, Phone and Utilities, ...
- Disability Rights
- Education General, Special Education, Student Loans
- Elder Law Abuse/Domestic Violence, Discrimination, Health Benefits, Other Resources, Social Security Benefits
- Employment Criminal Records, Discrimination, If You Lose Your Job, Work Support
- Family Law Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Divorce, Domestic Violence, ...
- Health Care AIDS/HIV, Home and Long Term Care, Medicaid, Medicare, Nursing Homes
- Housing Court Forms, Evictions, Home Purchase, Improvement and Foreclosure, Landlord/Tenant, Mobile Home Parks
- Legal Research Courts and Case Law, Statues and Regulations
- Public Benefits Food Stamps, Social Security, Taxation, Temporary Disability Insurance, Unemployment Compensation, ...
2 hours ago
Happy New Year from all of us at RILS!! Thank you for all your support and we wish you a memorable, healthy year to… https://t.co/rVTg1GS2Ny3 weeks ago
RILS wishes you good times, good cheer, and a happy new year! This month, our supporters have donated $25,880 to h… https://t.co/uhUIxeodww3 weeks ago
Thank you for your continuous generosity! This month 40 supporters-just like you-have donated $12,330 toward our ta… https://t.co/zpjW7XIpi34 weeks ago
Our special holiday edition newsletter is here! Warm your heart with some RILS success stories, and donate to help… https://t.co/xNCRtNb6p71 month ago
Take a look at our latest Newsletter! Learn about our current legal services efforts for your Rhode Island communit… https://t.co/oBIsNEMrPC2 months ago
3 months ago
We are hiring a Staff Attorney for our Family Preservation Project! Prefer candidates with 5-10 years of family law… https://t.co/BwpdzZIC0p3 months ago
RT @madeleine_list: .@RIACLU, @rilegalservices and #RI Disability Law Center file complaints with @RIDeptEd over transportation for student…3 months ago
What an excellent event!! Thank you to @ProgresoLatino Latino for hosting their Annual Gala on Friday night at… https://t.co/zsNweTLtCS4 months ago
In Partnership with