Rhode Island Legal Services provides high quality legal assistance and representation to low-income individuals and eligible client groups for the purpose of improving their economic condition and overall wellbeing by protecting and enforcing legal rights, stabilizing the family unit and communities where clients live, promoting self reliance, ending domestic violence, preventing homelessness, affording dignity to all people, and reaching out to groups with added burdens on their ability to access the civil justice system.
Find information on specific legal topics and Rhode Island laws.
Find providers who may be able to help you with a specific legal problem. These groups provide free or low-cost legal services in Rhode Island.
Learn about Rhode Island courts and the free legal information they provide.
Learn about the Volunteer Lawyer program and how lawyers interested in pro bono work can participate.
- Consumer Automobile, Bankruptcy, Consumer Law, Identity Theft, Phone and Utilities, ...
- Disability Rights
- Education General, Special Education, Student Loans
- Elder Law Abuse/Domestic Violence, Discrimination, Health Benefits, Other Resources, Social Security Benefits
- Employment Criminal Records, Discrimination, If You Lose Your Job, Work Support
- Family Law Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Divorce, Domestic Violence, ...
- Health Care AIDS/HIV, Home and Long Term Care, Medicaid, Medicare, Nursing Homes
- Housing Court Forms, Evictions, Home Purchase, Improvement and Foreclosure, Landlord/Tenant, Mobile Home Parks
- Legal Research Courts and Case Law, Statues and Regulations
- Public Benefits Food Stamps, Social Security, Taxation, Temporary Disability Insurance, Unemployment Compensation, ...
RT @RIVetsDirector: Happening Now! TY @HPRPMaryland Exec.Dir. Antonia Fasanelli 4 visiting #RI and sharing “best practices” on how the #Oce…2 hours ago
2 weeks ago
RT @Harvard_Law: HLS students spend spring break working with clinics and legal organizations in the Boston area, and on projects around th…2 weeks ago
RT @CTLegal: Join CLS' Joanne Lewis in Norwich today for a discussion of the legal status of undocumented immigrants. Three Rivers Communit…3 weeks ago
RT @nytimes: People are increasingly calling for boycotts of the big tech companies. The problem is that Facebook, Apple, Amazon and Google…3 weeks ago
Passages: Hundreds gather to remember R.I. Judge William C. Clifton Sr. https://t.co/FOot1yEWSM3 weeks ago
RT @RIMonthly: As the #FinalFour NCAA Tournament plays out this weekend, #OysterMadness has also been taking place in the Ocean State. Thro…3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
We have a NEW SAVE THE DATE!!!! June 14th, Rhode Island Legal Services Award Celebration coming up!!!! https://t.co/mrEKouYQBQ4 weeks ago
RT @GovRaimondo: Judge Clifton served Rhode Island fairly and honorably, both on and off the bench. Andy and I are thinking of his family d…4 weeks ago
In Partnership with