Rhode Island Legal Services provides high quality legal assistance and representation to low-income individuals and eligible client groups for the purpose of improving their economic condition and overall wellbeing by protecting and enforcing legal rights, stabilizing the family unit and communities where clients live, promoting self reliance, ending domestic violence, preventing homelessness, affording dignity to all people, and reaching out to groups with added burdens on their ability to access the civil justice system.
Find information on specific legal topics and Rhode Island laws.
Find providers who may be able to help you with a specific legal problem. These groups provide free or low-cost legal services in Rhode Island.
Learn about Rhode Island courts and the free legal information they provide.
Learn about the Volunteer Lawyer program and how lawyers interested in pro bono work can participate.
- Consumer Automobile, Bankruptcy, Consumer Law, Identity Theft, Phone and Utilities, ...
- Disability Rights
- Education General, Special Education, Student Loans
- Elder Law Abuse/Domestic Violence, Discrimination, Health Benefits, Other Resources, Social Security Benefits
- Employment Criminal Records, Discrimination, If You Lose Your Job, Work Support
- Family Law Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Divorce, Domestic Violence, ...
- Health Care Addiction Support, Other Resources, AIDS/HIV, Home and Long Term Care, Medicaid, ...
- Housing Court Forms, Evictions, Home Purchase, Improvement and Foreclosure, Landlord/Tenant, Mobile Home Parks
- Legal Research Courts and Case Law, Statues and Regulations
- Public Benefits Food Stamps, Social Security, Taxation, Temporary Disability Insurance, Unemployment Compensation, ...
If you received a suspicious email from us, be aware that it is fraudulent. Do NOT click any links and delete the e… https://t.co/vdgGSKpDQr3 weeks ago
In 2019, over 200 supporters - just like you - have donated to RILS. We appreciate everyone who has given over the… https://t.co/hW3rapqQW92 months ago
Spread holiday cheer to those in need! Donations can be made by: ❄️ Mailing a check to 56 Pine St, Suite 400, Provi… https://t.co/YEmermou272 months ago
“There is a housing and eviction crisis in Rhode Island and responding to the legal needs of our community for safe… https://t.co/VTwMLJjQSD3 months ago
3 months ago
Happy Thanksgiving! We are thankful for you! Text "Justice" to 52000 to donate $10 today! Or donate online:… https://t.co/rS6WoxgWe33 months ago
We are thankful for you! Text "Justice" to 52000 to donate $10 today! Or donate online: https://t.co/EzTB2ptZci https://t.co/hsj5YumkjO3 months ago
We hope you can celebrate with us on June 27th! If not, have no fear - you can still donate to support our mission!… https://t.co/0FzsEqpcdd9 months ago
You're invited to our 50th Anniversary!! Join us at the @RhodesoPawtuxet for an exciting night of dining, drinks, a… https://t.co/AP94sWRsNG9 months ago
Congratulations to our Deputy Director, Janet Gilligan! She has won the Joseph T. Houlihan Lifetime Mentor Award fr… https://t.co/NWnvelWa0F11 months ago
In Partnership with