Rhode Island Legal Services provides high quality legal assistance and representation to low-income individuals and eligible client groups for the purpose of improving their economic condition and overall wellbeing by protecting and enforcing legal rights, stabilizing the family unit and communities where clients live, promoting self reliance, ending domestic violence, preventing homelessness, affording dignity to all people, and reaching out to groups with added burdens on their ability to access the civil justice system.
Find information on specific legal topics and Rhode Island laws.
Find providers who may be able to help you with a specific legal problem. These groups provide free or low-cost legal services in Rhode Island.
Learn about Rhode Island courts and the free legal information they provide.
Learn about the Volunteer Lawyer program and how lawyers interested in pro bono work can participate.
- Consumer Automobile, Bankruptcy, Consumer Law, Identity Theft, Phone and Utilities, ...
- Disability Rights
- Education General, Special Education, Student Loans
- Elder Law Abuse/Domestic Violence, Discrimination, Health Benefits, Other Resources, Social Security Benefits
- Employment Criminal Records, Discrimination, If You Lose Your Job, Work Support
- Family Law Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Divorce, Domestic Violence, ...
- Health Care Addiction Support, Other Resources, AIDS/HIV, Home and Long Term Care, Medicaid, ...
- Housing Court Forms, Evictions, Home Purchase, Improvement and Foreclosure, Landlord/Tenant, Mobile Home Parks
- Legal Research Courts and Case Law, Statues and Regulations
- Public Benefits Food Stamps, Social Security, Taxation, Temporary Disability Insurance, Unemployment Compensation, ...
RT @ThePublicsRadio: When RI's District Court put eviction hearings on hold in March, complaints of landlords illegally forcing tenants out…3 days ago
RT @RI_BOE: Over 155,000 vote-by-mail applications have been received. Please return your ballot as soon as you receive it from @RISecSta…5 days ago
RT @MLSA: Did you know that the CARES Act includes protections for your credit report? Under the CARES Act, when a consumer negotiates a…5 days ago
Stay up to date! Missed any of our latest bulletins? We post them on our page, but you can also get all your Covid-… https://t.co/ohhF43zKuA2 weeks ago
Your guide to Pandemic EBT: The low-income population faces food insecurity at the best of times, & these are not t… https://t.co/jX9W4nHnPV3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
RILS is still here for you! https://t.co/69j7uFFaxH3 weeks ago
RT @ChildAdvocateRI: Tips for coping with stress from @RIHEALTH : https://t.co/UCi4cGbNj0 https://t.co/yeGu6lOd7U4 weeks ago
This #GivingTuesday we ask for your support to aid the RI low-income community, who are hit hardest during the Covi… https://t.co/47YEqKOHyd4 weeks ago
Governor Unveils Details of $1.5 Million Emergency Rental Assistance Program. Read our latest Housing Law Center up… https://t.co/27x4k6gNWp4 weeks ago
In Partnership with