Rhode Island Legal Services provides high quality legal assistance and representation to low-income individuals and eligible client groups for the purpose of improving their economic condition and overall wellbeing by protecting and enforcing legal rights, stabilizing the family unit and communities where clients live, promoting self reliance, ending domestic violence, preventing homelessness, affording dignity to all people, and reaching out to groups with added burdens on their ability to access the civil justice system.
Find information on specific legal topics and Rhode Island laws.
Find providers who may be able to help you with a specific legal problem. These groups provide free or low-cost legal services in Rhode Island.
Learn about Rhode Island courts and the free legal information they provide.
Learn about the Volunteer Lawyer program and how lawyers interested in pro bono work can participate.
- Consumer Automobile, Bankruptcy, Consumer Law, Identity Theft, Phone and Utilities, ...
- Disability Rights
- Education General, Special Education, Student Loans
- Elder Law Abuse/Domestic Violence, Discrimination, Health Benefits, Other Resources, Social Security Benefits
- Employment Criminal Records, Discrimination, If You Lose Your Job, Work Support
- Family Law Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Divorce, Domestic Violence, ...
- Health Care AIDS/HIV, Home and Long Term Care, Medicaid, Medicare, Nursing Homes
- Housing Court Forms, Evictions, Home Purchase, Improvement and Foreclosure, Landlord/Tenant, Mobile Home Parks
- Legal Research Courts and Case Law, Statues and Regulations
- Public Benefits Food Stamps, Social Security, Taxation, Temporary Disability Insurance, Unemployment Compensation, ...
Rhode Island Legal Services will be closed on January 4, 2018 due to the impending snowstorm.2 months ago
All of us at Rhode Island Legal Services want to thank you for your support of our mission and the community we ser… https://t.co/5Vb6jMKxUP2 months ago
RILS Staff at the NLADA Conference in Washington, DC https://t.co/IgFljQz8F23 months ago
Rhode Island Legal Services is conducting a Legal Needs Survey. By taking a short ten minute survey, you will prov… https://t.co/HRxzaPrDdl3 months ago
RT @GovRaimondo: Tonight, RI lost a trailblazer: Superior Court Judge Walter Stone dedicated his illustrious career to justice and fairness…5 months ago
RT @rilegalservices: RILS at the National Grid Expo 145 Washington Street, West Warwick until 7 tonight https://t.co/72vKgk9HiB5 months ago
RILS at the National Grid Expo 145 Washington Street, West Warwick until 7 tonight https://t.co/72vKgk9HiB5 months ago
RILS advocates are at National Grid's community outreach at the Providence Public Library's Ship Room on Empire Str… https://t.co/gn6IEEClZ17 months ago
RILS advocates are at National Grid's community outreach at the Providence Public Library's Ship Room on Empire Street today until 2:00 PM7 months ago
#2017EJC Honorees are Steve Brown, Executive Director of the ACLU; Professor Andrew Horwitz, and Elizabeth Segovis,… https://t.co/wGsksDKTkI11 months ago
In Partnership with