Rhode Island Legal Services provides high quality legal assistance and representation to low-income individuals and eligible client groups for the purpose of improving their economic condition and overall wellbeing by protecting and enforcing legal rights, stabilizing the family unit and communities where clients live, promoting self reliance, ending domestic violence, preventing homelessness, affording dignity to all people, and reaching out to groups with added burdens on their ability to access the civil justice system.
Find information on specific legal topics and Rhode Island laws.
Find providers who may be able to help you with a specific legal problem. These groups provide free or low-cost legal services in Rhode Island.
Learn about Rhode Island courts and the free legal information they provide.
Learn about the Volunteer Lawyer program and how lawyers interested in pro bono work can participate.
- Consumer Automobile, Bankruptcy, Consumer Law, Identity Theft, Phone and Utilities, ...
- Disability Rights
- Education General, Special Education, Student Loans
- Elder Law Abuse/Domestic Violence, Discrimination, Health Benefits, Other Resources, Social Security Benefits
- Employment Criminal Records, Discrimination, If You Lose Your Job, Work Support
- Family Law Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Divorce, Domestic Violence, ...
- Health Care AIDS/HIV, Home and Long Term Care, Medicaid, Medicare, Nursing Homes
- Housing Court Forms, Evictions, Home Purchase, Improvement and Foreclosure, Landlord/Tenant, Mobile Home Parks
- Legal Research Courts and Case Law, Statues and Regulations
- Public Benefits Food Stamps, Social Security, Taxation, Temporary Disability Insurance, Unemployment Compensation, ...
Take a look at our latest Newsletter! Learn about our current legal services efforts for your Rhode Island communit… https://t.co/oBIsNEMrPC1 week ago
4 weeks ago
We are hiring a Staff Attorney for our Family Preservation Project! Prefer candidates with 5-10 years of family law… https://t.co/BwpdzZIC0p1 month ago
RT @madeleine_list: .@RIACLU, @rilegalservices and #RI Disability Law Center file complaints with @RIDeptEd over transportation for student…1 month ago
What an excellent event!! Thank you to @ProgresoLatino Latino for hosting their Annual Gala on Friday night at… https://t.co/zsNweTLtCS1 month ago
Our Fall Newsletter is here! Check out our current legal services efforts for your Rhode Island community, the late… https://t.co/b3JpP6LJOT2 months ago
Rhode Island Legal Services was proud to partner with Operation Stand Down @OSDRI_Vets this weekend at the Annual S… https://t.co/ud7LeJsx0V2 months ago
Remembering the fallen soldiers at the annual Stand Down weekend #honorthefallen https://t.co/5fZLE6Dxm52 months ago
Rhode Island Legal Services ready to help veterans at @OSDRI_Vets Annual Stand Down Weekend! #servingthosewhoserve… https://t.co/uCNk7mSswm2 months ago
Rhode Island Legal Services wishes to THANK the Rhode Island Bar Association for a fantastic Annual meeting… https://t.co/1UsveIZdO65 months ago
In Partnership with