Rhode Island Legal Services provides high quality legal assistance and representation to low-income individuals and eligible client groups for the purpose of improving their economic condition and overall wellbeing by protecting and enforcing legal rights, stabilizing the family unit and communities where clients live, promoting self reliance, ending domestic violence, preventing homelessness, affording dignity to all people, and reaching out to groups with added burdens on their ability to access the civil justice system.
Find information on specific legal topics and Rhode Island laws.
Find providers who may be able to help you with a specific legal problem. These groups provide free or low-cost legal services in Rhode Island.
Learn about Rhode Island courts and the free legal information they provide.
Learn about the Volunteer Lawyer program and how lawyers interested in pro bono work can participate.
- Consumer Automobile, Bankruptcy, Consumer Law, Identity Theft, Phone and Utilities, ...
- Disability Rights
- Education General, Special Education, Student Loans
- Elder Law Abuse/Domestic Violence, Discrimination, Health Benefits, Other Resources, Social Security Benefits
- Employment Criminal Records, Discrimination, If You Lose Your Job, Work Support
- Family Law Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Divorce, Domestic Violence, ...
- Health Care Addiction Support, Other Resources, AIDS/HIV, Home and Long Term Care, Medicaid, ...
- Housing Court Forms, Evictions, Home Purchase, Improvement and Foreclosure, Landlord/Tenant, Mobile Home Parks
- Legal Research Courts and Case Law, Statues and Regulations
- Public Benefits Food Stamps, Social Security, Taxation, Temporary Disability Insurance, Unemployment Compensation, ...
RT @ChildAdvocateRI: School buses were out delivering lunches to students in East Providence yesterday - great way to ensure students have…4 days ago
#TaxDay is now July 15 for both filing returns AND federal tax payments, regardless of amount owed. Taxpayers do no… https://t.co/9Hm7DsGZdg4 days ago
RILS is committed to helping RI families in this difficult time. Click below for a COVID-19 Update from our Housing… https://t.co/ft8yNJiJwf1 week ago
RT @ChildAdvocateRI: Contact @OneSimpleWish for more information about laptops for remote learning if you are in foster care or have aged o…1 week ago
RT @GovRaimondo: I’m also announcing that the we've issued an emergency order mandating that all regulated utilities (electric, gas, water,…1 week ago
RILS is saddened by the loss of this dedicated social justice advocate and RILS alumni. Our thoughts go out to his… https://t.co/dGT24PY8RB3 weeks ago
RT @projo: John Roney, longtime R.I. state Senate parliamentarian, dies at 80 https://t.co/nlxg9uMuU53 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
If you received a suspicious email from us, be aware that it is fraudulent. Do NOT click any links and delete the e… https://t.co/vdgGSKpDQr2 months ago
In 2019, over 200 supporters - just like you - have donated to RILS. We appreciate everyone who has given over the… https://t.co/hW3rapqQW93 months ago
In Partnership with