Rhode Island Legal Services provides high quality legal assistance and representation to low-income individuals and eligible client groups for the purpose of improving their economic condition and overall wellbeing by protecting and enforcing legal rights, stabilizing the family unit and communities where clients live, promoting self reliance, ending domestic violence, preventing homelessness, affording dignity to all people, and reaching out to groups with added burdens on their ability to access the civil justice system.
Find information on specific legal topics and Rhode Island laws.
Find providers who may be able to help you with a specific legal problem. These groups provide free or low-cost legal services in Rhode Island.
Learn about Rhode Island courts and the free legal information they provide.
Learn about the Volunteer Lawyer program and how lawyers interested in pro bono work can participate.
- Consumer Automobile, Bankruptcy, Consumer Law, Identity Theft, Phone and Utilities, ...
- Disability Rights
- Education General, Special Education, Student Loans
- Elder Law Abuse/Domestic Violence, Discrimination, Health Benefits, Other Resources, Social Security Benefits
- Employment Criminal Records, Discrimination, If You Lose Your Job, Work Support
- Family Law Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Divorce, Domestic Violence, ...
- Health Care AIDS/HIV, Home and Long Term Care, Medicaid, Medicare, Nursing Homes
- Housing Court Forms, Evictions, Home Purchase, Improvement and Foreclosure, Landlord/Tenant, Mobile Home Parks
- Legal Research Courts and Case Law, Statues and Regulations
- Public Benefits Food Stamps, Social Security, Taxation, Temporary Disability Insurance, Unemployment Compensation, ...
RT @GovRaimondo: Tonight, RI lost a trailblazer: Superior Court Judge Walter Stone dedicated his illustrious career to justice and fairness…4 weeks ago
RT @rilegalservices: RILS at the National Grid Expo 145 Washington Street, West Warwick until 7 tonight https://t.co/72vKgk9HiB1 month ago
RILS at the National Grid Expo 145 Washington Street, West Warwick until 7 tonight https://t.co/72vKgk9HiB1 month ago
RILS advocates are at National Grid's community outreach at the Providence Public Library's Ship Room on Empire Str… https://t.co/gn6IEEClZ12 months ago
RILS advocates are at National Grid's community outreach at the Providence Public Library's Ship Room on Empire Street today until 2:00 PM2 months ago
#2017EJC Honorees are Steve Brown, Executive Director of the ACLU; Professor Andrew Horwitz, and Elizabeth Segovis,… https://t.co/wGsksDKTkI7 months ago
7 months ago
Join Rhode Island Legal Services on June 8, 2017 at the Rhodes on the Pawtuxet 6:00 - 9:00pm for the 2017 Equal Ju… https://t.co/7QCJTOHDWo7 months ago
Donate now to ensure access to justice for low income and older Rhode Islanders and victims of domestic violence. https://t.co/Sl1XnIm1eg11 months ago
11 months ago
In Partnership with