Rhode Island Legal Services provides high quality legal assistance and representation to low-income individuals and eligible client groups for the purpose of improving their economic condition and overall wellbeing by protecting and enforcing legal rights, stabilizing the family unit and communities where clients live, promoting self reliance, ending domestic violence, preventing homelessness, affording dignity to all people, and reaching out to groups with added burdens on their ability to access the civil justice system.
Find information on specific legal topics and Rhode Island laws.
Find providers who may be able to help you with a specific legal problem. These groups provide free or low-cost legal services in Rhode Island.
Learn about Rhode Island courts and the free legal information they provide.
Learn about the Volunteer Lawyer program and how lawyers interested in pro bono work can participate.
- Consumer Automobile, Bankruptcy, Consumer Law, Identity Theft, Phone and Utilities, ...
- Disability Rights
- Education General, Special Education, Student Loans
- Elder Law Abuse/Domestic Violence, Discrimination, Health Benefits, Other Resources, Social Security Benefits
- Employment Criminal Records, Discrimination, If You Lose Your Job, Work Support
- Family Law Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Divorce, Domestic Violence, ...
- Health Care AIDS/HIV, Home and Long Term Care, Medicaid, Medicare, Nursing Homes
- Housing Court Forms, Evictions, Home Purchase, Improvement and Foreclosure, Landlord/Tenant, Mobile Home Parks
- Legal Research Courts and Case Law, Statues and Regulations
- Public Benefits Food Stamps, Social Security, Taxation, Temporary Disability Insurance, Unemployment Compensation, ...
Rhode Island Legal Services wishes to THANK the Rhode Island Bar Association for a fantastic Annual meeting… https://t.co/1UsveIZdO63 weeks ago
@JohnCTing Hello John, that e-mail should be active, but you can try firstname.lastname@example.org weeks ago
Here is a view of the beautiful grounds at Rhodes on the Pawtuxet, where Rhode Island Legals Services is hosting it… https://t.co/9vIb7LtfXd1 month ago
Join us! We are celebrating Equal Justice with a dinner/dancing/awards party on Thursday, June 14th at the Rhodes o… https://t.co/wSDwmwtj152 months ago
Join us to Celebrate Equal Justice! Our awards dinner is held on Thursday, June 14th 6-9pm @ Rhodes on the Pawtuxet… https://t.co/KiVfDwZsgV2 months ago
RT @VAProvidence: The VA2K Walk & Roll event will start at 12pm Wed., May 16, at the Homeless Clinic, T-37, PVAMC campus, 830 Chalkstone Av…2 months ago
Our new banner just came in! "If we are to keep our democracy, there must be one commandment: Thou shalt not ration… https://t.co/8p3F5urYaw3 months ago
RILS team is meeting with the stellar folks at Operation Stand Down @OSDRI_Vets this afternoon in our Providence do… https://t.co/3oysIaj8Jn3 months ago
@GovRaimondo this is amazing3 months ago
Happening now! The entire New England Region Project Directors Team working together to address critical issues tha… https://t.co/Dd8PHPU6Mx3 months ago
In Partnership with